2019 Scholarship Program
Guidelines for Renewals
- Farm Credit West (FCW) provides financial services to farmers and ranchers in portions of California, Arizona, and Nevada. We are part of the Farm Credit System - the largest provider of credit to American agriculture. FCW’s Board and management are committed to promoting higher education and its role in agriculture's future.
- Each school year FCW awards $1,500 scholarships based on the criteria in the "REQUIREMENTS" section below.
- Scholarships are annually renewable for a total of four scholarships (includes the initial award). Renewals are only accepted based on the scholar's qualifying enrollment and continuing academic excellence.
- FCW reserves the right to discontinue this program at any time.
- Renewal applicants will be informed of any award by August 15, 2019.
- Applicants must be a FCW customer's dependent (as defined by the IRS), a FCW customer, or a FCW customer's spouse. ("customer" is defined as being a Farm Credit West stockholder.)
- Applicants must exhibit academic excellence as demonstrated by the scholar's academic record in junior college, or college. (Minimum G.P.A. of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.) This assessment requires submission of a transcript at the time of application.
- Applicants must be a current full-time student at a junior or four-year college ("Full-time" = 24 semester units per year or 36 quarter units per year.)
- Applicants must be working towards a major related to agriculture (e.g., crop science, animal science, ag economics, ag education, agribusiness, international agriculture, ornamental agriculture, food science, soil science, dairy science, agricultural engineering, nutrition, fruit science, viticulture, enology, etc.).
- Submit the following renewal application information to one of the addresses below.
- Renewal applications are due to FCW by July 1, 2019.
Renewal applications are due to FCW by July 1, 2019.
Email Signed/Scanned Applications and Transcripts to: email@example.com