Farm Credit West Supports National Youth Ag Day
Farm Credit West showed its support for the 16th Annual Youth Ag Day on March 20. The event was held at the Solano County Fairgrounds and was attended by Loan Officer, Nicole Swanson. The event was put on by the Agriculture Council of America. The ACA is an organization uniquely composed of leaders in the agriculture, food and fiber communities dedicated to increasing the public awareness of agriculture's vital role in our society. The ACA and the National Ag Day program were started in 1973.
The ACA believes that every American should:
- Understand how food and fiber products are produced.
- Appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products.
- Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
- Acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food and fiber industry.
- Support and encourage programs and activities in observance of National Agriculture Day by organizations, companies and individuals.
- Provide planning information and materials in support of National Agriculture Day programs and activities.
- Inform trade and general media about National Agriculture Day and provide information to increase awareness.
- Involve the agricultural public relations community in support of National Agriculture Day.
ACA is a not-for-profit (501-c-6) organization and maintains the ACA Education Foundation which is an educational foundation (501-c-3) organization. These organizations are supported through a management contract with the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA).